Moon Over Carolina - Palmetto State Flag Belt
- Regular price
- $45.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $45.00 USD
- Unit price
Is that a moon or something else in South Carolina's insignia? History buffs will know it's a crescent, worn by Revolutionary War soldiers. However, as time passes we must also declare it to be a moon -- because when we see it we automatically think of ocean breezes, shorelines of beaches, and beautiful sea islands. We can almost smell those shrimp beginning to boil!
This belt is also available for purchase in the S.C. State House Gift Shop in Columbia. We are proud to be their trusted supplier. Please visit them if you are in Columbia!
- Materials. Blue canvas web is 100% woven cotton and thicker, more durable and attractive material than is typically found on canvas belts.
- Design Details. South Carolina state flag insignia of the white crescent moon and palmetto tree is stitched on contrasting indigo blue fabric. Details of the insignia are well-articulated and true to the state flag. The crescent symbol represents the silver emblem worn on the caps of South Carolina troops during the revolutionary war, and the background color matches the blue of their uniforms. The flag also features the state tree (sabal palmetto), which appears on the state seal.
- Construction. Straps are constructed with top grain leather in a medium brown shade that beautifully compliments the overall design. Contrasting shade of top stitching on the leather adds the right amount of detail and style. 100% Brass Buckle. 1 3/8” width ensures it to be comfortable, durable, and attractive. This is the width most requested by customers.
- Brand. Designed and produced exclusively by Charleston Belt & Suspenders. Charleston Belt designs and produces high-end accessories that capture the spirit of outdoor living and the richness of our diverse cultural heritage. We use natural fabrics and materials, and strive for clean, uncluttered designs that coordinate well with casual and dress fashions.
- For Correct Fit, the best method is to measure an existing belt from the point where the buckle attaches to the leather to the hole most frequently used. If using trouser waist size as a guide, add 3-4" and round up if an odd number.
- As always, returns are hassle-free if needed! Please visit our no-hassle page for details.
NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR'S BELT
We could bore you with all the technical details such as the mil thickness of our canvas web compared to the typical web belts you see in stores. But we feel a picture is a better representation. You can easily see in the image how the beige belt (your neighbor's belt) is much thinner than ours, with less texture, less nap, and less attractiveness and durability. Notice also the neighbor's belt does not have a solid brass buckle, and therefore looks dinged and cheap over time. Need we say more?
Neighbor's buckle is not solid brass so is dingy and dinged.
Neighbor's web fabric is thin, no texture or nap, flimsy.
Neighbor's stitching is not detailed nor true to Palmetto State design.
Our only goal is to provide a product that you will love and enjoy wearing. Period.
We will replace or refund a product that does not meet your satisfaction.